Date: Wed 20th Jun 2018 - Thu 21st Jun 2018 Time: 8:45 am - 4:30 pm
NOW FULLY BOOKED – ASIST is a comprehensive two day course which enables participants to become more willing, ready and able to help persons at risk of suicide. Approved by the World Health Organisation, ASIST is a standardised, certified programme, teaching a robust model of suicide intervention. This course will be held at the University of Sheffield, The Edge, Ennis Room. The course is available for up to 30 delegates and will run from 08.45hrs through to approximately 16.30hrs each day. Refreshments and lunch are provided on each day.
Learning goals and objectives – Over the course of their two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
- Presentations and guidance from two registered trainers
- A scientifically proven intervention model
- Powerful audio-visual learning aids
- Group discussions
- Skills practice and development
- A balance of challenge and safety
Accommodation is available at the venue for those members who wish to attend, and we have negotiated a cost for AUCSO members of £65.00 or £55.00 per night (hotel dependant) which includes breakfast. Evening meals are available on request, however please note that these are additional costs and will need to be covered by yourselves. Please do not book your accommodation until the place on your desired course is confirmed.
How to book your course
NOW FULLY BOOKED – To be placed on the waiting list please email email@example.com
2 places per institution for each course are available on a first come basis. If you would like to book a place on the course please do so by completing an enrolment form for each delegate – see below.
How to book your Accommodation
We have 2 sets of accommodation that are co-located together at our residential site less than a 3 minute walk to the training venue, both hotels offer very good accommodation. Please quote AUCSO Mental Health Training when booking, to receive these rates:
Halifax Hall Hotel http://www.halifaxhall.co.ukTel – 0114 222 8810 – Standard Rooms per night = £65 B&B incl. VAT
Jonas Hotel https://www.jonashotel.co.uk/Tel – 0114 222 8816 – Standard Rooms per night = £55 B&B incl. VAT
We look forward to seeing you in Sheffield.