Date: Tue 5th Sep 2017 - Wed 6th Sep 2017 Time: All Day
ASIST is a comprehensive two day course which enables participants to become more willing, ready and able to help persons at risk of suicide. Approved by the World Health Organisation, ASIST is a standardised certified programme teaching a robust model of suicide intervention.
This course will be held at the University of Sheffield on 5 & 6 September 2017 at a cost of £140 per delegate, which includes lunch and refreshments. The aim of the course is to allow participants to:
- Increase the comfort zone of learners.
- Safely explore attitudes and experiences.
- Consider various myths about suicide.
- Build relationships within teams.
- Address needs of different client groups.
- Provide a shared model of suicide intervention.
To book your delegate place, please contact Paula Debenham by 30 June 2017.
If you have any queries about the course please contact Richard Yates