Date: Tue 19th Jun 2018 Time: 8:45 am - 4:30 pm
‘FULLY BOOKED’ This is a 1 day AUCSO certificated course and is available for up to 25 delegates. It will run from 08.45hrs through to approximately 16.30hrs. Refreshments and lunch on the day are provided.
The aim of the course is to amplify and enhance current skills to allow participants;
- To preserve life by being alert to the risks of psychological crisis (alertness being the key term distinguishing from previous approaches to awareness only).
- To acknowledge mental and emotional needs in the same way as physical needs.
- To gather appropriate information by asking the right questions (not being afraid to pose the difficult question, i.e. “Are you talking about committing suicide or harming yourself?”.
- To listen actively, hearing the person’s story and recognising tacit invitations to become involved and help.
- To empathise and explore ways to increase safety and prevent harm.
- To dynamically risk review the situation, if necessary cajoling the person towards appropriate professional care.
- To challenge the stigma and discrimination around mental health and appreciate the power of individuals and the University community to help and support.
- To increase knowledge and actively participate in creating a mentally heathier and suicide safer University.
- To empower the University community to act, being academically and mentally more robust.
Accommodation is available at the venue for those members who wish to attend, and we have negotiated a cost for AUCSO members of £65.00 or £55.00 per night (hotel dependant) which includes breakfast. Evening meals are available on request, however please note that these are additional costs and will need to be covered by yourselves. Please do not book your accommodation until the place on your desired course is confirmed.
How to book your course
Now fully booked. To add a name on the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2 places per institution for each course are available on a first come basis. If you would like to book a place on the course please do so by completing an enrolment form for each delegate – see below.
How to book your Accommodation
We have 2 sets of accommodation that are co-located together at our residential site less than a 3 minute walk to the training venue, both hotels offer very good accommodation. Please quote ‘AUCSO Mental Health Training Course’ to receive the reduced rate.
Halifax Hall Hotel http://www.halifaxhall.co.ukTel – 0114 222 8810 – Standard Rooms per night = £65 B&B incl. VAT
Jonas Hotel https://www.jonashotel.co.uk/Tel – 0114 222 8816 – Standard Rooms per night = £55 B&B incl. VAT
We look forward to seeing you in Sheffield.