Date: Tue 19th Jun 2018 Time: All Day
(Non AUCSO event) – This one day conference is being hosted by ‘OneCPD’ at the University of Salford and will give delegates the chance to explore how the intelligence services are preparing for potential attacks on the UK, the implications of new Government legislation on combatting extremism and how the third sector can help prevent radicalisation. By the end of the day delegates will be able to:
- Understand the risk posed by modern terrorism and the evolving nature of extremism.
- Identify the threat posed by cyber terrorism and learn how to protect your organisation from attacks.
- Understand the implications of the Investigatory Powers Bill and what it will mean for counter terrorism security.
- Be familiar with the new technology and innovative approaches that are leading the way in the fight against terrorism.
- Understand the key role that people working across the public and private sector have to play in preventing and responding to terrorist attacks.
Three places have been provisionally allocated for AUCSO members at £200 each plus VAT. To receive further details and to register please go the OneCPD website