Date: Mon 15th Jun 2020 Time: 12:00 am
For those of you who have not yet attended the AUCSO or other mental health training, Jiscmail are running this on-line workshop at a reduced fee of £200, on 15 & 18 June 2020. To register please follow this link.
Modern students face a plethora of stressful and emotionally difficult situations. Their digital lifestyles mean that these situations can occur 24 hours a day, seven days a week and it is often frontline staff who are the first on the scene.
This course will run through a series of scenarios allowing delegates to practice and develop their skills in managing emotionally challenging conversations. This will also provide an opportunity for organisations to identify and share best practices in supporting the emotional wellbeing of their student population.
The course is fully supported using our learning online platform allowing delegates ongoing access to:
- Additional resources specifically chosen or developed to support the course
- In-depth guidance and information on specific issues
- Discussion forums
- Peer support
- Expert advice on general or specific issues
The course is led by Steve James from the training team at Jisc who has 10 years of experience working as a mental health practitioner and supervisor.
- Gain confidence in your existing skills
- Develop new skills to support you in your role
- Support family and friends (these skills are transferable)
- Confidence in decision making
- Reduce stress reaction to challenging situations
- A safe place to practice your mental health first aid