Date: Wed 10th Mar 2021 Time: All Day
AUCSO Members are invited to take part in this online event hosted by Westminster Forum Projects.
This conference, which will have a panel of experts including our own AUCSO Vice Chair, Les Allan, will bring out the latest thinking on ensuring COVID safety at universities, and evaluate ways forward for developing agile crisis responses in the HE sector.
Delegates will also consider best practice and tackling key challenges – looking at major issues affecting students, academics and others working on campuses, local communities, and university authorities. It comes with Government suggesting that students will return to university campuses in March.
Areas for discussion include:
- student welfare and experience – including mental health and wellbeing
- university staff – priorities for supporting the health and safety of staff working in all roles in universities
- social distancing regulation and enforcement – strategies employed by universities, as well as the impact on student-HEI and town-and-gown relationships, and how universities can support their neighbouring towns, cities and communities in the post pandemic recovery
- implementing safety measures – case studies and best practice in preventing and tackling the spread of infection across higher education settings
- Building cohesive student communities through the pandemic and into the future
- The student experience – bubbles and quarantine, teaching and learning, integrating new and international students, and transitioning to in-person communities
- The role HEIs can play in supporting local communities to recover from COVID-19
- The challenges and role for universities – safety and its management, the relationships with students and local communities, and the contribution of universities to post-pandemic economic recovery
- Supporting university staff safety – academic and service provider needs, workload across university roles, provision of safety equipment and training, and protecting wellbeing
- Understanding the spread of infection across higher education settings and the effectiveness of safety measures
- Retrofitting campuses for COVID safety – costs and consistency, contact control and tracing, and study in shared spaces
- Next steps for student safety and community moving forward in the new normal
To book a delegate place (@£190 +VAT) please visit their website.